Hallenross is currently looking for 2 full-time Interpreting Associates to join our expanding team!
- We are owned and led by interpreters, therefore, we understand interpreters and the interpreting process.
- We encourage and enable our staff to become the interpreters they want to become: generalists, specialists and leaders in the field.
- Eight (8) interpreters have become certified while working with us, six (6) after joining us straight from ITP.
- We “stretch you but we don’t break you” - Heather Endres, after-hours and CMP Coordinator
- We encourage involvement in the field on state and national levels.
- We frequently work in teams, including deaf/hearing teams.
- Our staff are engaged in the operation of the business in a variety of ways, if interested
- We prioritize the provision of quality services over simply filling appointments.
- We undertake projects and activities that give back to the deaf community in long lasting ways.
- We like and support each other, both personally and professionally.
- 2 years paid interpreting experience in a variety of settings
- Professional experience working in interpreting teams
- High degree of comfort working from ASL to English
- High degree of comfort providing platform interpreting
- Excellent communication abilities in both written and spoken English as well as in ASL
- A strong commitment to on-going professional development
- Nationally recognized certification as a sign language interpreter
- Experience working in deaf/hearing teams
- A degree in sign language interpretation
- Training and/or an interest in legal interpretation
- Experience working with novice interpreters
- Health, dental and vision insurance (HSA – 50% company paid, eligible after 30 days employment)
- 401 K retirement plan with a safe harbor match
- 80 hours PTO
- Professional development monies
- Company credit card for parking fees
- Mileage (in accordance with IRS rules)
- AFLAC (optional, employee paid)
Base salary plus hourly rate for services rendered, commensurate with experience and abilities.
Part-Time/Casual ASL Interpreters
We are looking for sign language interpreters who are seeking flexibility, variety, and frequent teaming opportunities.
Casual interpreters may provide interpretation services throughout the Central Ohio area in a variety of environments including, but not limited to: business, government, post-secondary, legal, and professional organizations.
"Casual" employees differ from full-time employees and independent contractors in the following ways:
- Mileage/Parking reimbursement through Hallenross
- We take out taxes! (W2 employment)
- Priority scheduling after our full-time staff (and before independent contractors)
- 401K eligibility after 1000 hours worked in 1 year
- Included on Hallenross's liability insurance
And yes, you can contract with other ASL agencies and be considered a Casual employee with the above benefits!
- 2 years' professional interpreting experience in a variety of settings
- Professional experience working in teams
- Strong commitment to ongoing professional development
- Nationally-recognized certification for sign language interpreters
- Degree in sign language interpretation
Email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Independent Contract ASL Interpreters
Independent contractors may provide interpretation services throughout the Central Ohio area in a variety of environments including, but not limited to: business, government, post-secondary, legal, and professional organizations.
Independent contractors must show proof of professional liability insurance.
If you are interested in contracting with us, please email your resume to email@example.com for more information!