Staff ASL Interpreter
We are looking for sign language interpreters who are seeking flexibility, variety, and frequent teaming opportunities.
Full-time interpreters are responsible to provide interpretation services throughout the Central Ohio area in a variety of environments including, but not limited to: business, government, post-secondary, professional organizations and legal. Full-time interpreters should expect to interpret an average of 25 hours per week and drive an average of 200 miles per week.
- 2 years' professional interpreting experience in a variety of settings
- Professional experience working in teams
- High degree of comfort working from ASL to English
- High degree of comfort providing platform interpreting
- Excellent communication abilities in both written/spoken English and ASL
- Strong commitment to ongoing professional development
- Nationally-recognized certification for sign language interpreters
- Degree in sign language interpretation
- Training and/or interest in legal interpretation
- Experience working with novice interpreters
Pay commensurate with abilities.
Position posted 11/19/2018. Open until filled.